Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fashion: 75,000 of My Favorite Things

Litographs copy

As their slogan says, Litograhs are whole books—in 2-D. Printmaker extraordinaire Danny Fein has found a way to fit the text of entire novels on 24”x36” posters and, more incredibly, to screen print them legibly on cotton shirts.

With help from Kickstarter and a team of artists, Fein has put more than 70 classic texts on posters, and he’s made half a dozen of the most popular into tees.

P2120112

For me it was an easy choice. The Great Gatsby was my high school favorite, plus and I need something worthy to wear to the premier of Baz Luhrmann’s Gatsby in May.

litographs2

In addition to being an artful, totally unique homage to F. Scott Fitzgerald, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Homer, Darwin, and Poe, Litograph shirts also of (semi-) practical use.

The text is so clear that I’m sure with enough time (and some clever contortions) I could read the entire book while waiting in line. Next time I go to the DMV…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

But the absolute best part of owning a Litographs product is the fact that, through the International Book Bank, each purchase sends a book to a child in the developing world.

Go show lit some love.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for putting it out there for us to see!

    ReplyDelete