Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fashion: Modeling for a Master

lkp_20120609_heatherross_02_websize

My friend Lauren Kanegawa (who took the lovely Mad Men-style shots of me back in July) just finished her capstone project in photography, focusing on intimate boudoir portraiture. Lauren’s commitment to making women of all races, heights, and body types feel beautiful is what attracted me to the project and what makes her portfolio so compelling.

lkp_20120609_heatherross_03_websize

lkp_20120609_heatherross_04_websize

I was nervous at first about wearing lingerie for the shoot, but when all was said and done and I got to see the photos in print, I was speechless. She asked each of her boudoir subjects to write a few sentences about how we reacted to the pictures. I scrawled, in my elementary school cursive:

“I feel confident, beautiful, bright, timeless…This is how I want to be seen.”

lkp_20120609_heatherross_01_websize

lkp_20120609_heatherross_05_websize

Thanks again Lauren for your incredible work.

No comments:

Post a Comment